I am the new girl

StephanBryStephanBry Brazil, Florianopolis

Hello there! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog. Is it hard to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about making my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? With thanks

my blog post; http://Www.Batteryflies.Org/

Comments

• metatronmetatron Corning, NY, USA, Planet Earth

Nothing off topic here including the kitchen sink :) .

I use Vanilla Forums which was provided with my paid hosting through hosting 24 ( http://www.hosting24.com ). The default +Baseline theme. The Vanilla Forums link is at the bottom of the page. Other people shared with me over the years, so I decided to share with others. Thank you for your wonderful comments and questions @StephanBry . Very much appreciated.

Other people shared with me over the years, so I decided to share with others.

Not much work really, usually about 2 to 3 hours a day, but about two weeks ago I had several things happen and I am starting to catch up now.

I usually suggest a free site as you can try out several different ideas to see what may work best for you.

Definitely learn to back up your work as well. You never know when disaster may strike a website and having things backed up is crucial sometimes.

As far as programming, I just use the default stuff provided with Vanilla Forums and I try to keep things simple as possible just in case. I can learn html programming and such as I do know a few computer coding languages, but then if something happens, you have to go back an do it all over again, or sometimes a slight 'bug' can cause a HUGE mess.

But what works for one may be difficult for another. There are many options, but actually, I chose a forum format instead of a blog format. I am a bit more comfortable with a forum style.

I hope this helps. Best wishes. Thanks again